Sunday 11 September 2011

"wussit gonna take ta get ya ta put yerself, first, lady? CANCER OR SUMFIN???????

Hope this will be just a short blog. On an important, and embarrassing point: my self esteem versus cancer. Let me rephrase:


"At Stage Left, offstage, hunches a gentlemen named, say, the self esteem coach (a Don Draper lookalike). He reclines, Cary Grant-style, with a cigar and a smart suit, hip haircut. 


I, centre stage, Nora, recite the lines of my daily life, while completely forgetting about this SEC guy, Don Draper,who is obviously hired by the theatre, to supervise me. I am polite when he breaks in, but that is as far as it goes. I get on without him. His star "supervisee" named VEE is a friend of me, the protagonist's friend, which I will refer to by the non-standard title of the COUNTER-TAGONIST, assists in the growth of the PROTAGONIST'S self esteem by the end of the proposed first draft. However, the plot will twist.


Nora admires the self-esteem of VEE from the beginning of their friendship. VEE,however, feels her own self esteem very fragile.


DON DRAPER: NORA, stop running yourself down.


NORA: Sorry!! (whispering) Geez I hate that guy.


VEE: I mean we are too liberated, and smart to need those kind of reminders, correct?


NORA: yes! Don't you just hate these book titles, when you get cancer, like PUT YOURSELF FIRST, DAMMIT: YOU HAVE CANCER, and then there is BOOK OF EXPENSIVE SPIRITUAL TRIPS YOU CAN TAKE: YOU DESERVE IT YOU HAVE CANCER.


NORA: I need an ashram like Julia Roberts doesn't need another novel from Elizabeth Gilbert.


VEE ponders her friend.


DON DRAPER: Why do these books piss you off?


NORA: Oh. My. God. Perhaps we should keep focussing outward? I mean, there are starving, parentless children out there.....


I wrote a blog awhile back called The EgoMania of Blogging. It was my first attempt to describe a concomitant (statistically veriable)series of changes, one might guess the category they belong to, as spiritually,...perhaps not. Perhaps psychologically. But one's physique is deeply connected to one's physic? ...or as we call it, one's psyche? It is in a Jungian way that I use it, by the way.


The upshot is this: stay tuned for a further scene from my Cancer-influenced psyche. Asking for one's rights is a behaviour done by high self esteemed protagonists....at the end anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment