Wednesday 25 May 2011

Parrrteeeee!!

I haven't told you about the amazing amount of love that surrounds me, from friends & family near and far. It lifts me up in dark moments.

I mentioned here it was my birthday a few days ago and I got so many good wishes on FB, and a wonderful birthday party was thrown on the night of my birthday at Dawn and Jordan's house. 

Courtenay and Dawn arranged the party and Christine and I were driven there by Dave, our designated driver, who himself had a ball.

Crazy fun!! It was my ideal of a perfect party. Music, music, and more music. Chris and I passed around a tray of lemon drop martinis which kicked it into high gear. The women shared our penchant for memorizing lyrics at full volume. How often do you find women who all love to sing ALL the lyrics?

We women danced, sang, and smoked in the garage . . . ostensibly to let the dogs wander onto the lawn...ar ar ar. With imaginary microphones, and air guitars, air drum kits. We knew the words to the same classic rock songs. Chris and I won't easily forget singing that love song to Canada, "A Case Of You," and Dawn's incredible memory for the lyrics of Led Zeppelin and Guns N Roses.

Later, the men and the women really enjoyed Dawn's word-perfect, animated vocal performance of "Patricia the Stripper" to Courtenay's excellent dancing in the living room. 

Then, everyone (cos it was my birthday) indulged me in my fave game: put the ipod or laptop in the middle, and each person nominates a song for "Best 20 songs of All Time." You really increase your top hits playlist by hearing the faves of your friends. So wonderful to share the most fun songs in the world this way with special people.

Great homemade food by Dawn kept coming all evening. A fabulous time. 

Can't wait for next time. Am thinking of having a follow up party for right before my surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment